Great Plains Bishop David Wilson will lead a trip to the Holy Land from Feb. 21 to March 1, 2024. The trip is open to all churches in the conference.
The itinerary includes:
- Bethlehem, where you’ll see The Church of the Nativity and the cave where tradition holds Jesus was born.
- Jericho, where you’ll see the traditional site of the temptation of Jesus, and the Jordan River, where you’ll have the opportunity to renew your baptism.
- Galilee, where Jesus called his disciples, preached the Sermon on the Mound, and taught in the synagogue there. You’ll also sail across the Sea of Galilee to explore Capernaum.
- Nazareth, the town Jesus lived as a child.
- Jerusalem where you’ll visit the Mount of Olives, the Garden of Gethsemane, the Kidron Valley, the route Jesus took on Palm Sunday, and the Upper Room, where he shared the Last Supper with his disciples. You’ll also spend time in the old city of Jerusalem where you’ll walk the Via Dolorosa, visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, and have a chance to pray at the Western Wall, the only remaining part of the Temple, and see the garden tomb.
The cost of the trip is $3,966 and includes: Round-trip international airfare minus baggage fees, hotels and hotel gratuities, daily breakfast and dinner, deluxe motorcoach, entrance fees, program fees, and tour guide. There is a 3.5% surcharge for credit card payments.
An informational meeting is scheduled for 2 p.m. Sunday, July 16, in Fellowship Hall for anyone who would like more details or is thinking about going.